Thank you for taking the time to visit our church website.
In the Bible, the local church is described in so many ways. It is a…
- Sheepfold to which Christ is the door (John 10:1-10);
- Vineyard to be cultivated by our Heavenly Father (John 15:1-17);
- Building to which Christ is the Cornerstone (Eph 2:22);
- and the Bride of the Lord Jesus Christ (Eph 5:22-33).
But the way I most often think of the Biblical description of the Church as “the Body of Christ” (1 Cor 12:12-31). The Bible teaches us that the Holy Spirit unites believers to the life work of Jesus Christ by faith. And now, because of Jesus’ work as God and man, the church participates in Christ (Heb 3:1-6 and Col 1:21-22). Jesus is the Head of the Body, and the church thrives in Him.
And as the body of Christ at Redeemer, we seek to live out the Biblical Mission of exalting the Lord Jesus Christ by living out the Four G’s…
- Gathering those from our community
- Grounding them in the gospel
- Growing them into disciples, and
- Going together to build the kingdom of God
Some of the specific ways we live out this mission at Church of the Redeemer are:
- On the Lord’s Day for corporate worship to exalt the Triune God
- In Sunday School classes (called Discipleship and Life)
- In Life Groups that meet in homes throughout the week
- In Children’s Back Yard Bible Club
- In Youth Group on Sunday Evenings
- Periodic Women’s and Men’s Events, Bible Studies, and Retreats
- Through the preaching of the Bible. We have devoted men of God who faithfully preach the Word of God each Sunday.
- Through Scripture memory and study in our Sunday schools, Bible studies and Life Groups.
- Teaching a dedicated prayer life.
- Understanding theology and the doctrines of our faith
- Asking the Lord to grow us in His grace spiritually through the Word, Sacraments, and Prayer (2 Peter 3:18)
- Applying Biblical truth to everyday living (James 1:21)
- Engaging in life-on-life discipleship with others
- Engaging our Elders and Deacons in the lives of our members for spiritual and physical care
- Caring relationships with authenticity and honesty, Community of believers living out the gospel of grace, and Empowering our leadership.
- Our Missions Ministry follows the Acts 1:8 model as we strive to make disciples Locally, Nationally, and Globally.
- Encouraging members to join in on regular missions and mercy opportunities.
- Providing assistance to those in our church and community in times of hardship or crisis
- Sharing the gospel with others
I invite you to worship with us this coming Sunday and, if you do, please take a moment to introduce yourself to me after the service. I would love to meet you.