The Good Friend and Neighbor (Part 2)
Proverbs 17:17, 27:10, 27:6, 27:9, 27:17, 26:18-19, 16:13, 10:19, 15:23, 17:27
(The following list is continued from last week) According to Proverbs, a Good Friend and Neighbor…
- Will not be fickle.
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs 27:10 Do not forsake your friend and your father’s friend, and do not go to your brother’s house in the day of your calamity. Better is a neighbor who is near than a brother who is far away.
- Can be open and honest.
Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.
- Will be a good counselor.
Proverbs 27:9 Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel.
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
- Will Be Tactful: Knows when, where, and how to use his words.
Proverbs 26:18-19 Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, “I am only joking!”
Tactful Words Should Be:
- Truthful Prov 16:13 Righteous lips are the delight of a king, and he loves him who speaks what is right.
- Few Prov 10:19 When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.
- Appropriate to the Circumstance Prov 15:23 To make an apt answer is a joy to a man, and a word in season, how good it is!
- Restrained and Calm Prov 17:27 Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.
Pastor Adam Mumpower