Abomination – in the Bible, its a word that means something that is despicable and disgraceful to God. It is used to describe what is utterly outrageous to God.
Today, as we focus on Proverbs 6:16-19, we find that the Lord lists seven things that are an abomination to him. And in doing so, Solomon lists five parts of the body and two actions (underlined below) that should serve as a memory clue to memorize this Scripture.
The seven abominations are:
- Haughty eyes
- A lying tongue
- Hands that shed innocent blood
- A heart that devises wicked plans
- Feet that make haste to run to evil
- A False witness who breathes out lies
- One who sows discord among brothers
Today and next week, we will examine each of these abominations. Today, we will look at the first four, and next week we will focus on the last three.
Pastor Adam Mumpower