- What trials did Martin Luther go through in life?
- Psalm 46 inspired Martin Luther to write what hymn?
Point 1 – The Trials of Confidence (vv. 1-3)
- What is the Psalmist’s illustration of the earth and the mountains?
- What does Jesus say in John 16:33 about tribulation and overcoming the world?
- Does God allow trouble to come in the lives of Christians? Can you list some Biblical examples?
- Who is our Refuge and Strength?
- How did God help those in trouble in the Biblical examples?
- Because God is our Refuge and Strength, we will not _____________.
Point 2 – The Source of Confidence (vv. 4-7)
- The NEARNESS of God (v. 7)
Give some examples from Scripture of how God is with His people.
- The POWER of God (v. 6)
How powerful is the word and utterance of God?
- The CITY of God (vv. 4-5)
Will God’s eternal city ever be moved?
Point 3 – The Evidence of Confidence (vv. 8-11)
- The WORKS of the Lord (vv. 8-9)
What great works of the Lord can you recall from Biblical history?
- The REPROOF to the Restless (v. 10)
What is the proper response to an All-Powerful God?
- Why don’t Christians have to live in fear?
- Our faith, which is based on Scripture, needs to be _______ by __________________.
- As the Prince of Peace, how does Jesus loving reprove us?
Pastor Adam Mumpower