|Dear Church Family,
It is with great joy and thanks to God that our elders and deacons have decided to move forward with having an outdoor worship service on Redeemer’s campus starting Sunday, May 31. Compared to where we were on March 15, this is such a wonderful gift from the Lord. Please know that our elders and deacons have thoughtfully and prayerfully put this plan together. As leaders, we certainly recognize that everyone has a different opinion on things and that each person might not get everything he or she wants; however, our prayer is that we can all walk with “humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace” (Eph 4:2-3).
The outdoor service will be the only church service of the day, and it will begin at 9:00 a.m. (instead of 10:30) due to the heat. If you are unable to attend, please know the service will be live-streamed to Facebook and Redeemer’s website, and you can watch it live at 9:00 AM or at any time after that.
Before you decide to come and bring your family, here are some things to know:
- Our elders and deacons have asked each family to sign-up in order to attend this service since we have a limited number of spaces due to physical distancing. You can sign up by clicking here. Please click this link and sign up by Friday by 2PM..
- In consideration of everyone, our leadership asks each family, including children, to stay with immediate family members throughout the morning.
- Our leadership asks that everyone adhere to physical distancing, and we recommend families sit six-feet apart from one another. Our deacons will help you with this.
- Please know we will be outside in the parking lot and will be sitting in the full sun.
- Due to limited parking, our deacons ask that each family strive to ride in one vehicle.
- Due to health and logistical concerns, we will not be able to celebrate the Lord’s Supper. We hope to do so as soon as we are able to conduct some sort of worship service inside.
- The building will be open for restroom use only, and our leadership asks that the same physical distancing guidelines take place in the building.
- Bulletins and children’s worship sheets will be available. (Sandy will also email you the bulletin and song lyrics by Friday so that you can access them electronically if you wish).
- Hand-sanitizer and masks will be available if you want them.
- In the event that we have to cancel the outdoor service due to weather, a decision will be made by 7:00 pm the day before. If the service has to be canceled for weather, the service will be live streamed at 9:00 AM.
We recommend that if you do come:
- Bring your own seating, such as a lawn chair or beach chair.
- Worship will begin at 9:00 a.m., so we recommend you and your family arrive early to park and find a place to set up to participate in worship. Our deacons will assist you with parking and finding a place to sit.
- We will be taking up an offering and will have a secure place for you to put your offering without passing the offering plate like we usually do.
If you have children:
- Redeemer asks that children stay with and be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times (even in the bathroom).
- Children and Youth will not be allowed to play on the playground and basketball goal.
- The mother’s nursing room and nurseries will not be open.
- Children’s Church will not take place.
- It can be challenging for small children to remember physical distancing, so we ask you to be mindful of your children.
- Parents, it would be a huge help if you can prepare your children for these requests before Sunday.
Please remember morning worship will be live streamed to Facebook. If you do not feel comfortable gathering in a crowd of people, that is fine. While we are all eager to worship together again, we know coming together at this moment might not be best for everyone. Our pastors, elders, deacons, and staff will continue to think of creative and safe ways we can gather together during this unprecedented time.
We are looking forward to this special worship service, and may God be glorified as we anticipate meeting together to worship our Lord.
Pastor Adam T. Mumpower